Sunday, September 02, 2007

Love

I always thought that I had a good relationship with my ex-girlfriend. Still do, but oh, how wrong I was. There are many ways to define a good relationship. And many more ways for somebody to show love. And each and every one of us show love in very different ways, and that doesn't make any of us love less. Or for anyone to claim otherwise.

I am prepared to show my love in ways I know how, and in ways I think best. I am sure every one of us feels the same way, although "ways I know how, and ways I think best" may differ from one to another. And this, and other little minor differences, are those that needed to be reconciled with before we can move on one gear up. Differences, no matter how trivial must be communicated so that there will be no misunderstanding. So that you and I understand one another, why we do things we do, why we say the things we say.

I have had problems in my relationship long before any cracks were visible. And the main issue, which has plagued me and my partner most is our refusal to communicate the problems we had, or the differences we had. Partly it was my fault, because it was so me to dismiss little arguments as childish attention getter. It was my fault, that I didn't want to discuss the root of our arguments. And soon enough she stopped trying. And things never really went any where.

And when we broke up, for reasons as simple as "we were too different", I was as shock as any side viewer. And I took it to heart that for better or for worse, it is important for me, in any relationship, to discuss misunderstandings and to reconcile with any differences. Because my love is real, and I am sure yours too.

So if you love, and I love, for the sake of the very same thing we love, can we just talk?

No comments: