It was just like any other night up in level 8, me and my R51 spending quality time together, defragmenting, cleaning up drives, emptying recycle bins and sifting through old email folders - when i happened to chance upon a veerrrry intterrrresting artifact, which i thought would be just criminal if i kept to myself.
So for your reading pleasure here's what I pulled out from my JCRC folder archives, a stimulating email conversation between a potential incoming freshie and myself, regarding the fate of his/her future in Sheares Hall in the light of a minor blunder on their part.
Little did I know at the time, that this work of art would land up coming to our block and become a living testimony to the content that follows in the emails below.
Read on and keep the guesses coming!
CORRESPONDENCE 1:
Greetings,
Congratulations on being offered a place to stay at Sheares Hall for the year 2007/ 2008
Please be reminded that you need to accept your offer by Friday, 6th July 2007 if you are planning to stay at Sheares.
This can be done by going back to your online application and clicking ‘accept’.
If you have already accepted your offer, kindly ignore this email.
We look forward to seeing you at Sheares!
Regards,
Abhishek Radhakrishnan
Vice President
26th Junior Common Room Committee
Sheares Hall
hi,
i just came back from overseas on friday, 6july itself.i switched on the com near midnight full of excitement to apply for sheares hall. To my dismay, i realized i missed the deadline by a few minutes!
I cannot click on any accept button!
oh no, what should i do? what will happen to my place in sheares? I am terribly dismayed! =(
any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
yours sincerely,
Xxxxx Xxx
CORRESPONDENCE 2 (Barely Few Hours Later)
hi,
I just returned from overseas on friday, 6 july.I applied for Sheares Hall successfully and I want to accept the offer.
However, i missed the deadline by a few minutes and realised that the there is no link for me to click anymore!
What should i do? I am very frantic at the prospect of losing my accomodation at sheares because I REALLY want to stay there. I would greatly appreciate your assistance! Sorry for all the trouble,thanks!
Yours Sincerely,
Xxxxx Xxx
Application Number:17131702
HP : 9xxxxxxx
Dear Xxxxx,
I appreciate you earnest desire to stay in Sheares Hall. It is indeed a pity that you missed the deadline. What you could do is email the Office of Student Affairs personally and tell them about your case, since they are the ones controlling the online system. If you mail them now, hopefully they will get back to you first thing Monday.
So do drop a mail and explain you scenario to them. I think the address is stu_accom@nus.edu.sg
If you have been provided any other contact, do include that too
On my end I will forward your case to them as well
Let’s hope things work out
Regards,
Abhishek Radhakrishnan
Vice President
Sheares Hall
CORRESPONDENCE 3
Hi,
thanks for your reply! I did send an email immediately after friday midnight to stu_accom@nus.edu.sg
i hope everything works out alright! :) i would not want to be on the waiting list!
if u need any details from me please let me know!
have a great week ahead. and all the best for sheares rag! :) my friends are helping out.
Yours Sincerely
Xxxxx Xxx
Application No: 17131702
Dear Xxxxx,
Please read the forwarded emails below. The system has updated your status as accepted.
See you in hall soon :)
Regards,
Abhishek Radhakrishnan
CORRESPONDENCE 4
yay! thanks so much! i feel very relieved, phew. okay i cant wait to be totally involved with sheares hall! see you! thanks again :)
i wont do such a dumb thing again.
have a great holiday!!
cheers
Xxxxx Xxx
Haha, I think its pretty obvious who the culprit in question is, but if you do happen to be in a spot of doubt, the second last line should give it away! Personally, I too was quite surprised when i realised who he/she turned out to be. And better yet, even after i reminded him/her of this conversation and AFTER we've had a nice long talk and a good laugh about it, this genius still didn't realize that it was ME who was the one correesponding with him/her - ie even 2 months into the semester he/she hadn't realised that the Abhishek Radhablahblah he/she had been writing to was ME - EVEN AFTER I TOLD HIM/HER THAT I HAVE HER EMAILS.
So much for not doing 'such a dumb thing again'. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment